If you suffer from hair loss, hair transplant surgery may be an effective way to restore your hair and improve your self-esteem. Advances in hair restoration procedures mean surgery has become less invasive, safer, and more affordable.
What Does Hair Transplant Surgery Involve?
Hair transplant surgery involves taking donor hair from your own head to fill in areas of the scalp where there is hair loss or thinning. Hair follicles are usually taken from the back and sides of the scalp, which are more resistant to balding. The donor hair is then implanted into the desired area of the scalp. Hair transplant surgery takes a few hours to perform, and you can return home the same day of the procedure. The surgery is very safe, and most patients recover within weeks.
Are You A Good Candidate For A Hair Transplant?
Hair transplant surgery can be an effective solution if other treatments have been unsuccessful, but not everyone is a suitable candidate for this procedure. Your hair transplant surgeon will be able to assess whether you are a suitable candidate. The best candidates for hair transplant surgery are:
- Men who have hair loss as a result of male pattern baldness. This is usually an inherited issue which causes a sensitivity to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), causing hair follicles to miniaturize, shortening the lifespan of the affected hair follicle. Areas most susceptible to male pattern baldness include the crown, the hairline, and the temples.
- Men whose pattern of hair loss has stabilized and a sufficient amount of natural, healthy, donor hair is available. Hair loss can continue to progress after surgery if the condition has not stabilized.
- Women who suffer from female pattern baldness but have a sufficient amount of donor hair available.
- Men and women with good hair density, coarse hair, or hair that is wavy or curly. This results in fewer grafts and better coverage than fine hair.
- Men and women with flexible scalps. Scalp flexibility and looseness make it easier to harvest donor follicles.
- Men and women who have lost hair as a result of trauma or a cosmetic procedure (such as a facelift).
Alternative Treatment Options For Hair Loss
Not everybody is a candidate for hair transplant surgery. Fortunately, there are many other hair restoration treatments available that can help to restore and preserve your hair. Examples include topical products, supplements, medications, and PRP therapy. All of these treatments can help slow down further loss of hair and even regrow lost hair.
Hair Restoration of New Jersey
If you are considering hair transplant surgery or would like to find out what other hair restoration treatment options are available, contact Iorio Hair Restoration of New Jersey.
We provide safe and effective hair loss solutions and use state-of-the-art technology, including the most advanced robotic techniques to restore and preserve your hair.
For compassionate care and natural-looking results, call us today at (732) 780-9191 for the Colts Neck office or (732) 458-7400 for the Brick office. You can also request a consultation online.