Millions of men and women deal with hair thinning and hair loss every year. Dealing with this issue can seem impossible, but there are a variety of effective treatments available that can help you restore your lost hair.
Men and women have hair loss for a variety of reasons, including genetics, nutritional problems, the use of harmful hair products (hair dyes, treatments, etc.), hormonal changes (menopause, hormone imbalances, etc.), and more.
Turning the clock back on your hair loss will require exploring the reason behind your hair loss. If you have a health condition that is causing it, dealing with the health problem can help to not only reduce hair loss but also to bring hair growth back.
In some situations, hair loss can be permanent, and in order to restore your hair, you will need specific treatments or procedures. You will work with a hair loss specialist to determine which treatment is best for you based on your medical history, desired look, and the cause of your hair loss.
Hair Restoration Treatments
Fortunately, there are a variety of ways you can restore your hair. They include:
- Supplements – A lot of vitamin and mineral supplements can encourage hair growth and stop hair loss. They include biotin, B-complex supplements, vitamins A and C, folic acid, and more. Before beginning any supplements, talk to your hair loss specialist to see if this treatment will be a viable and beneficial option for you.
- Hair Care Products – Hair loss specialists can also recommend effective anti-hair thinning products such as shampoos, conditioners, and treatments that can help reduce hair loss and encourage hair regrowth.
- Addressing Underlying Health Problems – If your hair loss is caused by an underlying issue such as a thyroid problem or malnutrition, you should work on managing that condition. Many times, fixing the underlying cause will fix your hair loss issues, as well.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy – PRP therapy involves injecting the platelet-rich plasma portion of your blood into the scalp to encourage hair regrowth using the plasma’s regenerative growth factors. PRP therapy can be used in conjunction with other treatments for even better results.
- Hair Transplant Surgery – If your hair loss is extensive, you want a full set of hair, or other treatment methods are not viable solutions for you, hair transplant surgery may be an effective treatment for hair restoration. You should work with your hair loss specialist or surgeon to finalize on a hair transplant procedure that will garner you the results you desire.
Hair Restoration Treatments in New Jersey
If you have hair loss and want to explore ways to restore your hair, consider seeing a hair loss specialist or surgeon to discuss your options. If you live in New Jersey and want a reputable and high experienced surgeon for your hair loss needs, contact the experts at Iorio Hair Restoration of New Jersey. We would love to help you look and feel your very best by finding the underlying cause of your hair loss and using the best treatments available to get you the results you desire. Call (732) 780-9191 to make an appointment. You can also request an appointment online.